Its harvest time for our pears here at Ballyknocken! And what a lovely and juicy harvest we have had with them.
A favourite in our Cookery School and our many hen parties here is my Baked Pear Halves with a Cinnamon Coconut Crumble. I like to think of it as one of the healthier desserts but with a little bit of boldness if you like 😉 !!
A little goes a long way for this recipe and the crumble can be frozen as well.
Baked Pear Halves with a Cinnamon Coconut Crumble
2 ripe pears, halved and cored
3 tbsp plain flour
3 tbsp wholemeal flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp coconut
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C / Gas 4.
- Combine the flours, butter, brown sugar, coconut and cinnamon together to form a crumble.
- Coat the pears with the melted butter and place on a baking trays lined with parchment.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and pile the crumble on top of the pears.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes until the pears are soft and the crumble crisp. The time depends on the size of the pears. Serve with vanilla ice cream.