In addition to the public cookery classes available at the weekend, we run private cookery classes for corporate events, Hen parties, Birthdays and other private events.
These classes are three hour cookery classes jam packed full of fun & food.
One of the classes that we run is in Thai & Vietnamese cuisine and Carol O’Connor was on to us during the week with a special request for our Thai Green Curry recipe…we thought it was just too good not to share on this week’s blog.
Thai Green Curry
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
300ml coconut milk
4 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
1 large potato, peeled and diced
2 chicken breasts, diced (prawns are delicious alternative)
75g green beans, quartered
1 lime, zest and juice
Fish sauce (Nam Pla), to season
Vegetable oil, for frying
Coriander, to garnish
Jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the curry paste for a minute until fragrant. Add the spring onions and fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water and stir well. Simmer gently for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and spring onions, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until it is almost tender.
- Add the chicken with a little water, if needed, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer for 4 minutes until they are cooked. Stir in the lime juice and zest. Season with fish sauce.
- Sprinkle the coriander over and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
See ‘Catherine’s Family Kitchen’ Cookbook for the Red Thai Curry recipe page 81
Published Gill & Macmillan / Photo credit Joanne Murphy