On Monday 24th of February I will be live on ‘ The TODAY Show‘ on RTE One from 4.30pm. On the show we will be discussing recipes for the family that are both easy to follow and affordable, so tune in for recipes and top tips 🙂
In preparation for this I wanted to share with you a very family friendly Chicken Korma with Yellow Rice recipe from our ever popular 7 Nights, 7 Meals, 1 Plan Class. This class brings you from Monday – Sunday with a meal plan for each day, this class runs frequently at Ballyknocken Cookery School (find out more on http://www.thecookeryschool.ie) recipes include Chicken Florentine Bake, Chilli Asian Roasted Chicken & Courgette Frittata.
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp tomato puree
2 chicken breasts, diced in 4cm pieces
100ml coconut milk
1 cm root ginger, grated
4 tbsp ground almonds
100ml chicken stock (or more if required)
2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan or wok, and add the onion, garlic and chilli and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes over a medium heat without brown.
- Stir in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, garam masala, salt and tomato puree.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan and sauté over a low heat for 4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, ginger and add the ground almonds.
- Stir in the chicken stock and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the chicken is just tender. Serve with yellow rice.
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp chopped shallot
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 ½ cups jasmine rice, well rinsed
2 ¼ cups chicken stock
½ tsp turmeric (measure carefully)
Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute until just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add rice, stock, salt, and turmeric. Bring the rice to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed – this should take about 18 minutes.