1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp tomato puree
2 chicken breasts, diced in 4cm pieces
100ml coconut milk
1 cm root ginger, grated
4 tbsp ground almonds
100ml chicken stock (or more if required)
¼ tsp garam masala
2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan or wok, and add the onion, garlic and chilli and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes over a medium heat without brown.
- Stir in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, garam masala, salt and tomato puree.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan and sauté over a low heat for 4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, ginger and add the ground almonds.
- Stir in the chicken stock and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the chicken is just tender. Serve with yellow rice.
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp chopped shallot
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 ½ cups jasmine rice, well rinsed
2 ¼ cups chicken stock
½ tsp turmeric (measure carefully)
Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute until just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add rice, stock, salt, and turmeric. Bring the rice to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed – this should take about 18 minutes.