Fresh Fig Ice Cream
Gelato Di Fichi
Makes about 600ml
A little indulgence and a lot of fresh fruit! This is less ice cream and more figs so it is definitely in the healthy category!
12 ripe figs, trimmed
160g vanilla sugar (see below)
1 lemon, zest only
200ml double cream, lightly whipped
figs or blackberries, to serve
- Place the figs, sugar and lemon zest in a food processor and blend until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into a container and freeze for 2 hours. Then, using an electric beater, whisk the mixture. Repeat this three times, refreezing for 1 hour after each time. Allow to set overnight.
- Before serving, place in the fridge for 30 minutes to soften. Spoon into glasses and serve with fresh figs or blackberries.
Strawberry Yoghurt Lollies
Makes 6 x 50ml lollies
The children will love these which they can prepare themselves in any mould as long as you line the mould with plastic wrap.
200g low fat natural yoghurt
200g strawberries, washed and hulled and halved
5 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into the moulds, place in the freezer for about ½ hour before insert the lollipop sticks and cover with plastic wrap or if you are not using sticks, clip on the top of the mould and place in the freezer.
Tip: Use flavoured yoghurts like the ones with diced peaches or hazelnut yoghurt and add strawberries and vanilla extract for lollies.